Seyyed Mohammad Miri, MD, PhDc,
Seyyed Mohammad Miri (born on 1977, Tehran, Iran) finished his high school in the field of experimental biomedical sciences at age of 18 in Iran received his diploma of experimental sciences with A grade in 1995. After 7 years studying at Babol University of Medical Sciences, Dr. Miri was graduated as a Medical Doctor on March 2005. During 2005 and 2008, he was working as the Manager of Gastroenterology and Hepatology research centers in Tehran and simultaneously managed the editorial board of Hepatitis Monthly. Thanks to Prof. Seyed-Moayed Alavian’s great attentions, he succeeded to produce and establish the first reliable and valid journal management system among all Iranian journals.
Based on his motivations in the field of molecular medicine, he followed his higher education as PhD employee in Maastricht University from 2008 to 2011 but and due to following his real and numerous interest to the field of Medical journalism, he founded Kowsar Medical on 2011 just for presenting and delivering professional publishing services to journals, authors and editors as well. Besides of doing clinical practice as a medical doctor in the field of Hepatology, Dr SM Miri followed his PhD in Molecular Hepatology and published more than 70 articles indexed in ISI and/or pubmed journals. To increase public awareness, he also published 6 books in simple words for patients with Hepatitis. To achieve training of professional staff and secretaries of medical journals, he started to teach academic journalism from 2012 and established an academy of journalism. Living in the capital of publishing in the world (which is definitely Netherlands), provided an excellent condition for him to expand his activities in journalism. Being in a lovely family with his wife, Dr. Pegah Karimi Elizee, now he is a proud father of one girl and boy: Parmis and Parsa, born in 2011 and 2013 respectively.
Education (Last 2 Degrees):
1996- 2005: Professional licensure: Medical Doctor (M.D.); Babol University of Medical Sciences, Babol, Mazandaran
2008- 2012: PhD candidate of Molecular Medicine, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
1. Tabatabaei SV, Alavian SM, Keshvari M, Behnava B, Miri SM, Karimi Elizee P, et al. Low dose ribavirin for treatment of hepatitis C virus infected thalassemia major patients; new indications for combination therapy. Hepatitis monthly. 2012;12(6):372-81. Epub 2012/08/11.
2. Miri SM, Raoofi A, Heidari Z. Citation Analysis of Hepatitis Monthly by Journal Citation Report (ISI), Google Scholar, and Scopus. Hepatitis monthly. 2012;12(9):e7441. Epub 2012/10/23.
3. Karimi Elizee P, Karimzadeh Ghassab R, Raoofi A, Miri SM. The more publication, the higher impact factor: citation analysis of top nine gastroenterology and hepatology journals. Hepatitis monthly. 2012;12(12):e8467. Epub 2013/02/28.
4. Elizee PK, Alavian SM, Miri SM. Letter to the editor: the increasing hepatitis a incidence in Korea: is it possible within a limited time? Journal of preventive medicine and public health = Yebang Uihakhoe chi. 2012;45(5):329-30; author reply 31-2. Epub 2012/10/24.
5. Alavian SM, Miri SM, Jazayeri SM. Hepatitis B vaccine: prophylactic, therapeutic, and diagnostic dilemma. Minerva gastroenterologica e dietologica. 2012;58(2):167-78. Epub 2012/05/31.
6. Alavian SM, Miri SM, Hollinger FB, Jazayeri SM. Occult Hepatitis B (OBH) in Clinical Settings. Hepatitis monthly. 2012;12(8):e6126. Epub 2012/10/23.
7. Alavi Moghaddam M, Zali MR, Aalaei Andabili SH, Derakhshan F, Miri SM, Alavian SM. High Rate of Virological Response to Peginterferon alpha-2a-Ribavirin Among Non-Cirrhotic Iranian Hemophilia Patients With Chronic Hepatitis C. Iranian Red Crescent medical journal. 2012;14(8):466-9. Epub 2012/10/30.
8. Alavian SM, Miri SM. Dilemma of HBsAg seroconversion in chronic hepatitis B infection: Dilemma of HBsAg in chronic HBV. Hepatitis monthly. 2011;11(2):67-8. Epub 2011/11/17.
9. Somi MH, Farhang S, Miri SM, Pouri AA, Mjidi G, Alavian SM. The frequency of hepatitis D virus in patients with hepatitis B in Iran: an increasing rate? Trop Doct. 2009 Jul;39(3):154-6. PMID: 19535751 [PubMed - in process] [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19535751?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum ]
10. Alavian SM, Miri SM, Keshvari M, Elizee PK, Behnava B, Tabatabaei SV, Lankarani KB. Distribution of hepatitis C virus genotype in Iranian multiply transfused patients with thalassemia. Transfusion. 2009 Jun 15. PMID: 19538541 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher] [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19538541?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum ]
11. Khedmat H, Alavian SM, Miri SM, Amini M, Abolghasemi H, Hajibeigi B, Alaeddini F, Fallahian F. Trends in Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, and Syphilis Infections in Iranian Blood Donors from 2003 to 2005. HepMon. 2009. 9(1): 24-28. [Indexed in ISI web of Sciences] [ http://hepmon.com/view/?id=359 ]
12. Miri SM, Rezamand S, Goodarzi Z. The Experience of Detecting a Case of Plagiarism in Hepatitis Monthly. Hepatitis Monthly; 8(3): 225-9. [Indexed in ISI web of Sciences] [ http://hepmon.com/view/?id=352 ]
13. Alavian S.M., Mansouri S., Abouzari M, Sharifi Bonab M, Miri S.M. Long-term efficacy of hepatitis B vaccination in healthcare workers of Oil Company Hospital, Tehran, Iran (1989–2005). Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Feb;20(2):131-4. PMID: 18188034 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]. [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18188034?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum ]
14. Bayat N, Einollahi B, Pourfarzian V, Alishiri G, Nemati E, Bagheri N, Miri SM, Elizeii PK. Bone mineral density changes within 11 months of renal transplantation in Iranian patients. Transplant Proc. 2007 May;39(4):1039-43. PMID: 17524886 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17524886?ordinalpos=4&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum ]
15. Khedmat H, Fallahian F, Abolghasemi H, Alavian SM, Hajibeigi B, Miri SM, Jafari AM. Seroepidemiologic study of hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, human immunodeficiency virus and syphilis infections in Iranian blood donors. Pak J Biol Sci. 2007 Dec 15;10(24):4461-6. PMID: 19093512 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19093512?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum ]
16. G. Alishiri, A. Ahmadiani, S. M. Miri, N. Bayat, M. Kamalinejhad, A. Salimzadeh, S. Saberi . A placebo-controlled clinical trial of elaeagnus angustifolia in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Blackwell Synergy: EULAR J Rheumatol, 10(3), pp. 114-117. [ http://pt.wkhealth.com/pt/re/apla/fulltext.00134376-200609001-00265.htm ]
17. Zamani B, Miri S, Bayat N, Alishiri G, Nemati E . Frequency of knee osteoarthritis and risk factors in Iranian patients referring with knee pain. Blackwell Synergy: APLAR J Rheumatol, Vol 9, Issue 2, pp. 128-130. [ http://pt.wkhealth.com/pt/re/apla/fulltext.00134376-200609001-00266.htm ]
18. Jalali F, Miri SM, Karimi P. Prediction of Left Ventricular dysfunction in basis of ventricular depolarization time and electrical axis in patients with left bundle brunch block. European Journal of Cardiovascular prevention and Rehabilitation. May 2006; 13(1): S2-S3. [ http://www.jcardiovascularrisk.com/pt/re/ejcpr/fulltext.00149831-200605001-00006.htm ]
19. Jorsaraei SG, Moghadamnia AA, Miri SM, Firoozjahi A, Omranirad A, Saghebi R, Hashemi SF. Histopathological comparison of second degree burn wound healing in rats with extract of Myrtle and silver sulfadiazine1%. Scientific- Research Journal of Ghazvin University of Medical Sciences, Ghazvin, Iran. 10(1): Spring 2006; pp:6-15. [ http://jqums.hbi.ir/browse.php?a_code=A-10-4-96&sid=1&slc_lang=en ]
20. Asnafi N, Miri SM, Poorreza R . Prevention of Respiratory distress syndrome in premature neonates by Dexamethasone prophylaxis in pregnant women during 34-37 weeks. Scientific- Research Journal of Golestan University of Medical Sciences. Autumn 2005; 6(14): 57-61. [ http://www.goums.ir/moavenat/pa/nashr/nashr/mainen.htm ]